Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible to interpret and implement the customer and Sourcebynet quality standards and policies and applied to specific products. Communicate and administrate quality standards to suppliers and internal stakeholders(Quality teams, Business Developer, Customer Support). Ensures specific requirements of products follow and comply with suppliers and Quality Control Engineers.
- Enforce and ensure the organization’s quality standards and protocols.
- Together with the BD, develop and ensure that all products are developed and manufactured in line with customer and SBN requirements (material, finish, construction, mandatory standard, etc).
- Ensure suppliers received and manufacture the products according to technical specifications and all specified requirements consistently for every batch.
- Responsible for ensuring that all articles have full technical documents and upload all documents on the system timely. (Before the first inspection)
- Set the standards for defect classifications being used in AQL-based quality inspections.
- Carry out the full annual inline inspection product reviews on “consistent” articles to ensure they are always within specification according to the technical documents.
- Checking of samples and pre-production sample/master sample.
- Check and approve samples of new products (for customers) against agreed specifications from Sales and ensure they are manufactured in line with specified material quality, construction, workmanship and finishing.
- Follow up, check and coordinate all test lab reports, assembly instructions, carton labels, loading instructions are in order and submit to customer/central Quality Engineer within the timeline.
- Conduct final inspection confirmation for new articles alongside QC.
- Maintain proper record of BOM and quality compliance for each product. This including identification of high-risk materials and waivers received from customers.
- Change and update approve samples/swatches to ensure they are accurate for reference during QC Inspections
- Ensure clear and consistent product communication and provides development ideas
- Prepare technical specifications for new products, packaging instructions, labeling instructions, detailed quality requirements and loading instructions (where required by customers) and send to Quality Manager for approval.
- Ensure suppliers received the latest updated technical documents including all required documentation and fully understood the instructions before commencing mass production.
- Managing products claim
- Prepare and follow up on action plans for any failures, product returns, or claims.
- Ensure all corrective actions are implemented in suppliers’ processes to prevent the recurrence of similar claims.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
– Possess knowledge in related industry knowledge (Furniture materials/Building material), construction, design and stability
– Good understanding of industrial standards (furniture: EN, BS, ASTM and AS/ Building) – Knowledgeable in QC tools (FMEA, SOP,flowchart, Root cause analysis)
– AQL guidelines
- Technical/ Work-based skills:
– Experience in preparing Assembly Instructions based skills
– Technical knowledge of the industry (Furniture materials/Building material), process and methods)
– Familiar with Quality procedure documents
– Excellent in Microsoft office-Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- General Skills/ Attributes:
– Always act and decide in the best interest of the customers
– Positive mindset and desire to learn
– Strong written English and local language
– At least 5 years of technical/quality experience (Furniture/Building)
– Have good experience in factory and process audit
– Good understanding of workmanship quality
– Good knowledge in risk assessment of the product, material quality, construction, workmanship and finishing
– Degree education specialize in Quality Management, Engineering or equivalent.