About the Company
Established in 2000 by a team with over 100 years of combined experience in global furniture sourcing, innovative furniture solutions are in SourceByNet’s DNA.
SourceByNet’s resource network is 20 years deep, 16 countries wide and cover sourcing need from brick and mortar stores to big chain retailers. We tailor complete solutions from design, sourcing and delivery to customer needs.
With a complete supply chain solution, along with SBN dedicated account management team, our clients can be assured that we will be there with you every step of the way. Our clients will be able to review products offers submitted from our audited network of factories across Eastern Europe, South East Asia, China and South America. From design to sourcing, to the final inspection and shipping; SourceByNet envisions a holistic logistic solution to provide the best possible value in your complete sourcing supply chain.
From our beginnings at the start of the century. we pride ourselves in having a passionate global team who collectively now have hundreds and hundreds of years’ in the furniture supply chain.
By upholding strict ethical and quality control standards and having a wealth of technical know-how, the SourceByNet team provides the best possible service to our clients. Our products are carefully engineered to be aesthetically pleasing, value-for-money, and designed to last.
Purpose of the Role
The Quality Specialist plays a critical and leading role in supporting the Central Quality & Compliance Team to develop, implement and update customers’ packaging and labelling requirements, ensuring uniformity and consistency of the finished good packaging and labelling across all Sourcing Offices globally. Besides labelling and packaging, the Quality Specialist may be required to support in Quality and Technical matters.
- For new products, you are required to prepare specific labelling & packaging artworks adhering strictly to Customers’ specific requirements.
- For running products, you are required to work closely and take specific instructions from customers concerning changes to product labelling and packaging requirements.
- On the back end, to work closely and obtaining critical packaging details (dimensions, weight, etc) from Sourcing Quality Assurance Engineers to put together the final product labelling required by customers.
- Liaise with multiple parties, including Quality Assurance Engineers from Sourcing Offices and 3rd party translation houses to develop product labelling, packaging and instructions for use for new products, and to revise labelling and/or packaging for existing products.
- Ensure labelling changes are implemented in a consistent manner across all Sourcing Offices to achieve uniformity.
- Perform other quality & technical duties as required.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in Quality function, focusing on product labelling & packaging.
- Preferably with experience in furniture & basic consumer electronics labelling & packaging.
- Working knowledge of European consumer product regulations will be added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Illustrator.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and judge priorities.
- Ability to comply with SOPs, regulatory guidelines, etc.
- A team player with can do attitude.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin (to serve the Chinese market).