About the Company
Established in 2000 by a team with over 100 years of combined experience in global furniture sourcing, innovative furniture solutions are in SourceByNet’s DNA.
SourceByNet’s resource network is 20 years deep, 16 countries wide and cover sourcing need from brick and mortar stores to big chain retailers. We tailor complete solutions from design, sourcing, and delivery to customer needs.
With a complete supply chain solution, along with SBN dedicated account management team, our clients can be assured that we will be there with you every step of the way. Our clients will be able to review product offers submitted from our audited network of factories across Eastern Europe, South East Asia, China, and South America. From design to sourcing, to the final inspection and shipping; SourceByNet envisions a holistic logistic solution to provide the best possible value in your complete sourcing supply chain.
From our beginnings at the start of the century. we pride ourselves in having a passionate global team that collectively now has hundreds and hundreds of years’ in the furniture supply chain.
By upholding strict ethical and quality control standards and having a wealth of technical know-how, the SourceByNet team provides the best possible service to our clients. Our products are carefully engineered to be aesthetically pleasing, value-for-money, and designed to last.
Quality Assurance Engineer
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced and independent Quality Assurance Engineer to join our office based in Muar, Johore. The role is to enforce the implementation of the organisation’s quality standard and protocols in the supplier base documents customer requirements onto the organisation’s technical documents and acts as the interface between the organisation and the factories to get a mutual agreement on product specifications and tolerances for mass production.
- Enforce and ensure the organisation’s quality standards and protocols.
- Partner with the Business Developer to audit new factories, qualify, and recommend new suppliers from a technical and quality perspective.
- Evaluate the infrastructure and capability of new suppliers against customers’ and SBN’s requirements to ensure they can meet requirements about compliance and standards. Conduct inline inspection of the process and ensure that SBN’s guidelines and protocols are being followed
- Checking of samples and finishing products and testing
- Check marketing samples of new products against design and ensure they are manufactured in line with material quality, construction, workmanship, and finish; and approve samples.
- Checks all Assembly Instructions.
- Check the pre-production sample against the agreed technical and quality specifications.
- Conduct final inspection for new products (1st shipment) along with QC.
- Run simple tests on the product before sending it to test labs.
- Checks test reports from 3rd party test labs.
- Carry out the full annual inline inspection product reviews on “consistent” articles to ensure they are always within specification according to the technical documents.
- Ensure clear and consistent product communication and provides development ideas
- Prepare technical specifications for new products, packaging instructions, labeling instructions, detailed quality requirements, and loading instructions (where required by customers) and send to Quality Supervisor for approval.
- Ensure suppliers get and understand technical specifications and all other required documentation for approved samples to suppliers.
- Together with the BD, develop and ensure that all products are developed and manufactured in line with customer and SBN requirements (material, finish, construction, etc).
- Managing products claim
- Prepare and follow up on action plans for any failures, product returns, or claims.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- At least 5 years’ work experience of QA in the furniture business.
- Knowledge of production process and flow and work experiences with export products
- Possess standards & compliance knowledge and experience: ISO, BSCI, SMETA, EUTR, REACH, and auditing experience and requirements.
- Technology and technical savvy and experiences in process improvement.
- Confident and clear in communication skills, approachable with the team, and a positive mindset.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and judge priorities.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin (to work with Mandarin speaking suppliers and colleagues on auditing and policy enforcement).
If the above outlining position is referring to you, please email your CV clearly outlining how you meet the above requirements to email@example.com.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Important: By submitting your CV and Cover Letter, you consent to Personal Data being collected, held, used and disclosed in accordance with our terms and conditions