About the Company
Established in 2000 by a team with over 100 years of combined experience in global furniture sourcing, innovative furniture solutions are in SourceByNet’s DNA.
SourceByNet’s resource network is 20 years deep, 16 countries wide and cover sourcing need from brick and mortar stores to big chain retailers. We tailor complete solutions from design, sourcing, and delivery to customer needs.
With a complete supply chain solution, along with SBN dedicated account management team, our clients can be assured that we will be there with you every step of the way. Our clients will be able to review product offers submitted from our audited network of factories across Eastern Europe, South East Asia, China, and South America. From design to sourcing, to the final inspection and shipping; SourceByNet envisions a holistic logistic solution to provide the best possible value in your complete sourcing supply chain.
From our beginnings at the start of the century. we pride ourselves in having a passionate global team that collectively now has hundreds and hundreds of years’ in the furniture supply chain.
By upholding strict ethical and quality control standards and having a wealth of technical know-how, the SourceByNet team provides the best possible service to our clients. Our products are carefully engineered to be aesthetically pleasing, value-for-money, and designed to last.
About the Role:
The Compliance Manager plays a critical role in supporting the Central Quality & Compliance Team to ensure Corporate directives and protocols are clearly disseminated, implemented, and updated regularly across all Sourcing Offices globally. The incumbent is constantly updated on new requirements and changes from customers and regulatory bodies to equip all Sourcing Offices to stay compliant all the time. Experience in legal sourcing of timber materials, sound knowledge on banned and restricted chemicals, and experience in social compliance audits like SMETA & BSCI.
- Overall responsible for compliance initiatives across the company
- Consistently review, update and implement the company’s Compliance System protocols
- Able to work independently and cross-functionally at all levels
- Meticulous with test data to drive continuous improvement initiatives in the area of product compliance
- Keep up with the latest changes and new requirements from customers and regulatory bodies
- Digest and disseminate new customer requirement to Sourcing Offices for their immediate compliance
- Hold regular meetings with Sourcing Office Quality Leaders
- Standardise Compliance procedures and documentation across the company
- Ensure suppliers 3rd party social compliance audit CAPs are completed timely, and no lapses of audit reports
- Provide Compliance support and advice to help new suppliers prepare for third-party audits
- Expect to travel substantially to the suppliers based in China and Southeast Asia.
- Manage all FSC and Timber Regulation matters
- Up to date on REACH chemical requirement and testing protocols
- Ensure suppliers are prepared and undertake appropriate Social Compliance audits per customer requirement
- Liaise with test laboratories and consultants on test matters
Key Skills and Experiences:
- Profound knowledge of Social Ethical compliance audit (SMETA/BSCI) requirement/ FSC/REACH and solid wood and wood-based materials.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015 audit and documentation
- At least 8 years’ work experience which included leadership experiences in the Quality function. Preferably with experience in the furniture business.
- Possess a high level of communication skills, approachable with the team and position mindset.
- Technical savvy and experiences in process improvement.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and judge priorities.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin (to work with Mandarin-speaking suppliers and colleagues on auditing and policy enforcement).